RubyWeatherford

Book Connoisseur

The Final Straw by Ted Tayler

The Final Straw - Ted Tayler
Is the story plot or character driven? Plot driven because Colin’s actions fuelled the story more than the other characters. At times, it also felt as if the other characters could have been replaced or substituted with similar people but Colin was one of a kind.

Is the plot well-developed? When I started reading this book, the plot although well-developed seemed outlandish to me. Then I watched The Iceman which is the semi-fictional life story of Richard Kuklinski who was a professional hit man and The Final Straw made more sense than I thought.

Who in this book would you most like to meet? Karen because I want to know how she has moved on and the depths of how Colin has affected her. I did feel that this relationship could have been explored a little bit more as there was a sense of desperation about the two of them when they were together.

Disclosure - As a Quality Reads Book Club member, I received a free copy of this book from the author via Orangeberry Book Tours in exchange for my honest review.
Source: http://www.book-connoisseur.com