RubyWeatherford

Book Connoisseur

Neverlove: Shadow Jumpers series (Volume 1)

Neverlove - Angela     Brown What are your concerns about this book? It's not actually a 'concern' but it was strange to see how well-detailed the author described hell. It's definitely one place I don't want to be seeing anytime soon and I wonder what her motivations were in providing these descriptions to her audience?
How did you feel about the main character? Abigail is like any other teenager you and I know. Her home life is in shambles. She is lonely, misguided and abused in more ways than one. How do you escape? She commits suicide but is then given a second chance at life. This second chance comes with conditions and soon prove to test her in new ways.
What are the most important themes in the book? Parenting, love and relationships. Abigail has a brief idea about what a mother should be like. She knows her mother is nothing like this and so sets out to create a new life for herself, even if it means ending her own life. It is through this action that she learns the true meaning of love.

Disclosure - As a Quality Reads Book Club member, I received a free copy of this book from the author via Orangeberry Book Tours in exchange for my honest review.