RubyWeatherford

Book Connoisseur

They Still Call Me Sister

They Still Call Me Sister - Deborah Plummer Bussey Is the plot well-developed? I am amazed that this is the author’s first fiction book. I question if she has written under a pen name and not told her fans. This book is so well-developed and believable that I wonder how much is true. I understand the author based the characters on some friends and family but the plot makes me wonder if this was a true crime.

What was the mystery was and how it was solved. Kathy and Tina (sisters) try and figure out who killed Chanelle. The suspects and evidence take them from Cleveland to Atlanta and back again. With some help along the way they finally figure out everything.

Tell in your own words the beginning of the book. Kathy is on her way to being a nun. Her father cannot get the car started and she runs into the house to call her sponsor letting her know she will be late. Kathy learns the phone is not working and runs down the road to borrow a phone from neighbors.

What did you enjoy about this book? The cozy mystery. So easy to get lost in this book. Very enjoyable read.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author.