RubyWeatherford

Book Connoisseur

Never Give in to Fear: Laughing All the Way Up From Rock Bottom

Never Give in to Fear: Laughing All the Way Up From Rock Bottom - Marti MacGibbon
Were there any instances where you felt the author was not being truthful?

As a person in recovery, everything felt true. For people not in recovery, then the book might sound false to them.

What is the authors most admirable quality?

Being clean, sober, and living thru more stuff than most people only imagine.

What did you like or dislike about this book?

I personally did not find anything not to like or enjoy. Maybe after re-reading, but I do not see that happening.

Does the author convey her story with comedy, self pity, or something else?

There is some comedy and humor. But I do not see the author begging for pity or sympathy. I felt she told the story like it was and nothing else was added.

Has this book changed or enhanced your view of the author?What about your life?

Changed my view on the author personally? Yes, I do not know her personally. She had my respect before reading now she has my admiration.

Change in my life? On yeah, I can see how this book would help someone early in their recover. Referencing back to the title “Never Give In To Fear”. Why? If we as addicts in recover give in to the fear that we will relapse then that is exactly what will happen. We will relapse. We learn to keep the fear at bay. To find one thing to hold on, that little good luck charm, that one thing, person, place, or object that gives us the strength to be clean or sober another day.