RubyWeatherford

Book Connoisseur

The Shadow of the Unicorn: The Legacy (The Shadow of the Unicorn Series)

The Shadow of the Unicorn: The Legacy (The Shadow of the Unicorn, #1) - Suzanne de Montigny
Did the plot pull you in or did you feel you had to force yourself to read the book?

The plot seemed a little slow for me at the beginning. Although, middle-grade readers may not feel the same way.

How realistic was the characterization? Did the actions of the characters seem plausible?

As with fantasy, any and everything is possible. If readers will put people in place of the animals, then yes all actions seem plausible.

How does the setting figure into the book? Does it come to life? Did you feel you were experiencing the time and place in which the book was set?

To this reader, I felt like I was transported back to the beginning when earth was new. No smog filled cities, no greenhouse gas emissions, no electronics taking up time from family, adventures filled days, a peaceful tranquility that I do not believe any human would know anything about in today’s ever on the go world.

What are some of the book's themes? How important were they?

This is one thing my fellow book club members and I fully agreed with. Change and greed. Change is something that is always happening around us not matter what. It is something we cannot stop, alter, or anything. We as humans or animals either learn to accept the change or stop fully living and enjoying life. Sadly, greed is something that has been around since the beginning of time. Montigny shows that humans will go crazy with the thought of more money or owning something unique.

Did the book end the way you expected?

Ending as I expected, yes. Ending as I wanted, no. To the avid reader we all have read books that do not end they way we prefer. We all want happy ending for everyone. Does not matter if they are animals or not. I would enjoyed knowing Darius stayed with the unicorns instead of leaving to be by himself.