RubyWeatherford

Book Connoisseur

Angel

Angel - Laura Lee Book Club Review - Angel

1. Did the plot pull you in or did you feel you had to force yourself to read the book?
I didn't feel forced. I think the story flowed very well and pulled the reader along. Although, many sections of this book made me feel sad.

2. How realistic was the characterization? Did the actions of the characters seem plausible?
The characters were plausible and realistic. In some ways, this is a topic that is taboo or people refuse to acknowledge it. The writer did an an extremely good job in describing each character so readers were able to understand and relate.

3. How does the setting figure into the book? Does it come to life?
Did you feel you were experiencing the time and place in which the book was set?
Without taking into account the physical settings of the book, the emotional backgrounds and tapestry seemed very up to date. This situation is happening in many different countries and to many different people who are unable to speak out.

4. What are some of the book's themes? How important were they?
I would like to say physical relationships but this books dealt more with emotional issues surrounding the different kinds of relationships that you encounter in your life.

5. Did the book end the way you expected?
In some ways, yes and in some ways, I longed for it to have a different ending solely because I didn't like the sadness this book highlighted.